What direction is the web development and hosting headed? Observe the massive growth in hosted services and the massive improvements in cloud technologies. Now, consumers of all levels, not just business owners are finding relevance in hosted services – but the average consumer’s needs are not as demanding as power users, so consequently a variety of hosting services are less demanding. With web applications and web hosting, you have exactly two choices, and that is to either go obsolete or embrace technology. Technological advances are happening at a fast rate and at all the time. Innovation and technology are opening the doors every day to better things for web and web hosting technology. Today the wold is relying on cloud applications for many things making cloud computing one of the most important technologies.
Cloud hosting is an innovative and high tech concept which has come in the domain of web hosting. A collection of clustered servers is utilized for hosting a website and optimizing its features with the help of this infrastructure. The term “cloud” is used to denote the interconnected network of servers which assists the web software to utilize the power of multiple servers and all available resources on a real-time basis. Capabilities of handling load balance, security and hardware are all present virtually. All the essential attributes of a web hosting service are available. The multiple servers share amongst themselves the memory resources, hard drive space, processing speed, etc. A great benefit of the cloud hosting technology is that there is effectively zero downtime, as whenever any server fails/crashes it can be quickly fixed or interchanged with a new one without any interruption in service.
Cloud Computing is a technology that is popular all over the globe and is here to revolutionize the internet. It is a shift from thinking from traditional to about form of web hosting. Servers are now more broad-based and are required to offer more to their customers.
From the cost perspective, cloud hosting is a very viable option. In a conventional web hosting scenario like shared or dedicated hosting, a portion of the fees includes the charges for extra space or power usage of the server. A distinctive difference is noted over here in the case of cloud hosting technology. Here, one needs only to pay for space /power that he uses. You would be billed for compute cycles which denote the processing time involved. This is a very innovative method of billing and is becoming quite popular with the business houses.
Apart from cost benefits, in cloud hosting there is flexibility and scalability, to alter some resources without actually requiring shifting or opting for a new server. So, for businesses which are expanding, the available flexibility gives them a powerful leverage. Additionally, different technologies can be brought together in cloud hosting, and a website’s true potential can be exhibited. Previously, in the case of regular hosting services, it was not possible to have. By utilizing the power of multiple servers simultaneously, the issue of scalability has been resolved; many gadgets can be connected to the same cloud application without problems. A considerable amount of time and money is also saved, as different servers handle the different codes separately but still work in tandem.
Below is a summary of cloud hosting advantages
1. Scalability: Resources can be easily added or removed without requiring shifting to a new server. You have greater control over your costs, and you can easily adjust the spending accordingly.
2. Uptime: Since there are many servers working simultaneously you are not reliant on a single one totally and in the case of any one of the servers failing or tripping there are other servers to come to your rescue. However an exceptional scenario might emerge where all the servers fail simultaneously, or the communication between the servers breaks down, however, these are highly unlikely to happen.
3. Increased amount of traffic: On quite a few occasions it is observed that websites which gain popularity and are profiled at various places start to experience an increase in web traffic. The server needs to be totally prepared to handle this sudden increase in traffic. If that does not happen, there would be chances of the website going down. This is not an issue with cloud hosting as the multiple servers share the burden of increased traffic within them and efficiently meet the requirements.
4. Integration of dissimilar technologies: In a regular hosting service it is not possible to use different technologies together. However, cloud hosting addresses this issue by giving the dynamism of technologies together. The interesting thing is that these technologies can even coexist in the together without any conflict; the required technologies would simply be drawn from the cloud as and when required.
5. No installation of hardware required: There is no requirement of installing any hardware or software as the computer is connected with a mesh of servers
Advances in technology and innovation make today an exciting place to be in the fields of web hosting and web design. If you stand still for even a moment in today’s world, then you will fall behind and stagnate. Having a web host that embraces change and the newest technology means that you are far above the pack when it comes to reliable service without the risks of other servers still stuck in the early days.
So there are constant advances being made, and the latest technology and innovation is seen here at web hosting companies. The servers are the most up to date as well as having the latest technology not only for web hosting but for creating websites in the first place. The servers are secure as well as having the latest security upgrades in place. The reliability is over 99 percent and is improving with the constant improvements and innovations that come from the world of web hosting. If you stand still in this competitive business, you will fall short.
Software as Technology Service also known as SaaS. This is a highly competitive industry that is making web hosting take notice. They give a smaller business technology at a more affordable rate so that they can compete with larger companies. Web hosting services are always in need of new ideas to keep them on the cutting edge a good example of new technology taking advantage of cloud hosting is nodejs and other technologies.